Two new tablets Geared for field workers. CENSUS OFFICES

Jeremiah 29:11-13
New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart"

1. I have lost 4 tablet PC over the past year 2011, my first was a 7 inch Coby Kyros costing (189.00USD).
2. The Coby Kyros (400USD) was a 10 inch device, used a lot in the field. This tablet just fail on me - no power, no life. It took a few knocks but over 2 months the life failed.
3. Archos 10.1 inch G9 tablet. A pretty expensive device (450USD) has a serious fall and that was the end of the story.
4. A GPAD from the main land - costing 125USD + local taxes but never work from day one. 

Today i sit and look back at my spending on google tablets maxing up to  1400USD ( adding local port charges), and i am left with parts of tablets. 

None of these devices seem to have made the grade for field work. 

I am not on the ipad 2 (on loan) and also eyeing the Vi40 from ONDA ($250USD), and also in the process of obtaining a toshiba thrive (600USD).

PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT BUYING ANY MORE DEVICES FROM MY POCKET. 
the 1400USD was enough on tablets. funding for my study and research for the appropriate devices is coming from sources such as people in action, Grenada ( read here: piagrenada.org).

My next post will have the two tablets that any serious business person or government agency should consider for their offices:
I am currently looking into these devices: noted the Panisonic Toughtpad A1 and B1 and the Motorola ET1





Comments