Office 2013 verses Google Docs -

I have been using the office 2013 preview for the past month - September and October and I must say that this is one of the very impressive package for the next 3 or 4 years.
Office 2013 is a great cloud based application with the correct architectural approach.
Before Office 2013 I was a fan of the Google document (Gdocs, GDrive) i still use this a lot, but for storage and motion charts.
You see Google Docs dont play very well in the web browser, and many other web applications.
I don't have research statistics be some how the feeling is very different when someone tried to use a pure Web Application verses their experience of a Client (WINDOWS of MAC) application.

Today we have the mix application ( Hybrids) which have some form of cloud/web feature and also the desktop/client appeal.
This is the approach that Office 2013 is using, you install and work from you desktop as usual, but you can be collaborative with the cloud, make live comments as a in a chat, store in the cloud ( skydrive, drobox etc). This all happens, with a look and feel of a normal desktop application.

I love Windows Office 2013 over Google Apps, it will be great if Google Apps, can develop a client base office product, using the same model as Office 2012.

From this experience - I am making a prediction:
"In 5 year, more and more end user will opt for a hybrid app over a web based app"

My Analysis thus far of the two products.

My Personal Ad:

Comments