Laptop or tablet for my kids ( Mixed Reality)

No longer am I debating the evidence. Laptops for kids are the better part for productivity. I learnt this over 8 years with 3 kids.
Hi everyone, I know you are seeking to invest your few dollars into what is best for you kids and will like to know, should I buy a laptop with windows or Mac OS, a chromebook or just a tablet ( Apple or Android).
Well if your pocket is shallow as mine, then stop right there! Invest in a decent low-cost laptop computer. Over the past 8 years with more than 10 tablets and 3 kids I have learnt that tablets are great when you want to improve your kids selfish and entertainment behavior.
If you are looking for a good device to give to you kids to spend hours on youtube.com, get a tablet.
If you want to get them playing low cost games, get a tablet.
If you want them to be playing high end games, then get a Nintendo, PSP or Xbox.
But if you are into trying to get your child as low as age 5 to become a productive individual, whether in school or for researching, get them a laptop, a windows or mac laptop.
This work, simply because you as the adult being a productive citizen is already demonstrating to the child that work is done using a keyboard and a screen.
If you have a little more money eg. USD1200 then get a decent laptop with a high end graphic card and get a Mix reality system. This will give your child an upper hand with 3D graphic using the windows 10 library, kids can begin to play with full 3D imagery at age 6.  I find my self amazed by the levels of interaction using a headset (Virtual Reality or Mixed Reality set) have on my own learning with 3D objects.
You kids are the future. Given them the edge by making them producers, researcher and not just passive consumers.

Comments